microsoft security scare or propoganda ?

jonnytub 19:37 28 Jun 04

Hi everyone, today after picking my wife up from the local metro station, she mentioned she had read an article in the paper that comes free for travellers (METRO NEWS), being as she is all she could remember was that microsoft were in a round about way telling people not to use explorer until a massive security hole had been plugged, this statement apparently came from microsofts head of security (alfred something or other?), is this crap? or an actual under reported serious security breach of microsofts explorer? anyone clarify, i wouldnt want to start a frenzy ?

hugh-265156 19:41 28 Jun 04

click here

keep your AV up to date and dont worry to much about it. im still using internet explorer.

jonnytub 19:44 28 Jun 04

cheers huggy, am i right in that the loophole was originally opened by one hacker, who then in turn opened it to all other hackers?

Forum Editor 19:45 28 Jun 04

and visit the Windows update site to make sure you have all the critical updates.

jonnytub 19:47 28 Jun 04

cheers guys

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:49 28 Jun 04

As usual dim-witted hacks, incapable of meaningful research, have got their snouts right in the leftover trough and blown it up out of all proportion from their rear ports..from Symantec..'Security firm Symantec said the malicious code was not widespread and did little damage'. There is absolutely nothing to worry about.

G

jonnytub 19:50 28 Jun 04

ok best kill this thread, thanks for your help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…