Microsoft security nuisance....

blackpat 10:55 30 Apr 10

When I'm in my online bank account, everytime I move to different areas of the account a microsoft security box pops up stating "Security warning" (Do you want to view only the web page content that was delivered securely) with yes or no.It doesn't happen on any other site. My bank says it's ok, but it's a nuisance. I have Norton 360 and have done a full scan, there's no virus etc on my computer. How can I stop this? any help greatly appreciated.
Blackpat

Batch 11:12 30 Apr 10

Not sure what OS / browser you are using, but I have WinXP / IE7 and I get similar warnings (which includes a check box to disable the warning in future). I actually like this warning (even though it is a pain sometimes) as it makes me aware of when I'm in a secure area or not.

Anyhow, in IE7, to toggled this on / off, you can go to Tools, Internet Options, Advanced tab, and scroll down to the bottom and the penultimate entry (and within the Secure section) is "Warn if changing between secure and not secure mode".

rdave13 11:19 30 Apr 10

tools, internet options,security tab, custom level tab, scroll down to miscellaneous section and dot the button for enable to' display mixed content'.

Terry Brown 11:22 30 Apr 10

You can also - if using IE7 turn off the phishing filter, which can generate these warnings, however I would not advise it.

IExplorer, Tools, normally 3rd iten down.
Terry

blackpat 05:57 01 May 10

Thanks guys, I have windows xp and ie 8. Batch, it doesn't give a "check box to disable" option.
Terry & Dave, why does it only show up in my bank account and not elswhere? Any ideas?
It also says on the box:

"This web page contains content that will not be delivered using a secure https connection, which could compromise the security of the entire page"

Thanks for your help guys.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…