Microsoft Security Essentials V2.0

MIke 11:20 21 Dec 10

Lead article on PC Advisor home page says MS have updated MSE to V 2.I tried upgrading mine from within program but says its up to date V is shown as 1.0.2.498.0,

Interestingly the link in the article is for V 1.0.2

I'm confused is 1.0.2 version 2 was version 1 1.0.1???

MIke 11:36 21 Dec 10

Answered my own question. Looks like you have to download new version from MS, rather than update from withinn V1

northumbria61 11:38 21 Dec 10

Take a look here click here

dms_05 11:41 21 Dec 10

Down load click here and it will install the latest version and replace your present installation. Very simple.

mooly 08:19 22 Dec 10

V2 has been out around a week now and still not offered as either a manual upgrade or via Windows update.

Just as an aside, I'm always somewhat reluctant to force upgrades before they appear on Windows Update as I had huge problems simply installing (upgrading) from IE7 to IE8 when it was out of beta and available for all to download. Nothing but problems with the install failing in odd ways... I even opened an MS support case and even they could not resolve the problem. Thank goodness for Acronis.
When IE8 finally appeared as a WU it installed in moments with no hassle.

So I'll wait :)

onthelimit 08:42 22 Dec 10

Downloaded V2 yesterday - no probs so far.

gel 09:11 22 Dec 10

I have been waiting for mooly comment

He is king of MSE

gel

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…