Microsoft Security Essentials Query

legalrep 10:38 04 Dec 09

In problems reports and solutions I regally get the following message,

AntiMalware Service Executable AVSsubmit

I have three laptops all running Microsoft Security Essentials, on my own I never get this message on my wife’s occasionally but on my son’s nearly every day! Is any one else who experiencing the same? If so what is causing it and can it be rectified? Many thanks in advance.

User-1229748 12:57 04 Dec 09

i don't use mse but is there some sort of setting that is automatically sending anything to microsoft?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:45 04 Dec 09

This is MSE sending information to microsoft about suspect (but unknown as "not in MSE database") virus or malware.

The fact it happens a lot on your son's machine a little on your wife's and not on yours does not surprise me.
I spend lots of time cleaning malware and virus from machines, worse teenage girls followed by teenage boys - reason chat rooms and download sites for ringtones etc. - sites you might expect a teenage boy to glance at out of curiosity and P2P transfers.

:0)

legalrep 16:59 04 Dec 09

Thanks Fruit Bat that makes sense, my youngest lad use's my wife's laptop for messenger, facebook etc and I'm always very careful with mine! Teenage boys Please tell me it gets easier as they get older!!!!!

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:03 04 Dec 09

Fraid not but could be worse -

you could have teenage girls (I had two, thank goodness they have grown up).

morddwyd 07:50 05 Dec 09

The first 48 years are the worst!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…