Microsoft Security Essentials plus other AV?

Pineman100 11:31 03 Oct 09

PCA's recent article gives Microsoft Security Essentials a moderately good report.

Personally, I plan to continue using Norton Internet Security, but I wonder what the advice might be about using the Microsoft and Symantec products alongside one another?

I've always understood that you shouldn't run two AV packages on the same computer - do you think that rule still applies in this case?

birdface 11:40 03 Oct 09

I would say so.Just the one for me.
I can only see it giving you problems.

mooly 11:41 03 Oct 09

Definitely... never have two AV products that work in real time running together.
I have been using MSE in beta form and now of course it's final RTW version. Very impressed indeed on how little impact on resources it takes.
I'm sure we will hear much more in the coming months about MSE.

birdface 11:46 03 Oct 09

[ PCA's recent article gives Microsoft Security Essentials a moderately good report]
Now for me A moderately good report is something that I would not think of using.
Maybe give it a month or so until others try it first and then you may have a better idea of whether you want to download it or not.
It may be moderately good or moderately bad but if you are happy with what you have I would wait and see.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…