microsoft security essentials have you tried it?

frankie 23:04 29 Nov 09

microsoft security essentials have you tried it?,pal said its good,so have took the leap,and uninstalled super anti spyware,and avg 9,which seemed to hog like norton did,,,on testing all night,pc runs quicker ,check it out i knew nothing about it till i was told,

birdface 23:41 29 Nov 09

Well done so what are you using for your Anti-Spyware program if you got rid of Superantispyware.

morddwyd 07:11 30 Nov 09

I'm using it.

Seems to bumble along fairly happily in the background.

Don't know exactly how well it's doing of course, until I see it picking up things (or not!).

chub_tor 08:30 30 Nov 09

I've been using it since it was first released in the UK and I have to say I am very happy with it. It integrates well with Vista and Windows7, automatically updates, runs in the background and nags you every so often to run a new scan. I have removed AdAware and Avast, things seem quicker on start up, ao no problems for me.

Technotiger 08:45 30 Nov 09

I changed to MSE a while ago, got rid of AVG after many years of good service.

MSE includes Spyware protection as well as AV.

john bunyan 09:44 30 Nov 09

I flollwed many others in ditching AVG when it went to version 9. I am now running a dual boot W 7 and XP. On XP I am on MSE, and Avira on W7. Still have SAS and Malawarebytes on both.Not sure yet which to keep.My local expert says Avira.Also have Comodo firewall on XP and PC Tools on W7.Will probably stay with PC Tools when XP is ditched.

Pine Man 09:50 30 Nov 09

Yep I tried it. Very fast until you come to do a scan then very slowwwww!

birdface 10:00 30 Nov 09

Hi Technotiger.

[ MSE includes Spyware protection as well as AV]

But so does every other Security Suite and you would not dream of running any of those without a proper back up.
Just asking for trouble in my opinion.
You never know MSE might stop everything only time will tell but always better to be safe than sorry.

kdt 10:46 30 Nov 09

got rid of avast. now using mse spybot & spywareblaster

rawprawn 10:54 30 Nov 09

I have tried it, but decided to stay with Kaspersky 2010 and I can still use Superantispyware Pro.
It only checks for updates on a daily basis, and it doesn't check Emails (Although the new school of thought doesn't think it's necessary) I still like them checked.

mooly 12:35 30 Nov 09

Yep I tried it. Very fast until you come to do a scan then very slowwwww

I haven't found this. A full scan takes around 45 minutes for me, doesn't impact much on performance while it's running and I would say is as quick or quicker then FSecure which I used previously.

Lot's of info/advice here for MSE
click here

Most issues seem to come from "remains" of previous security packages left behind that cause conflicts with the new (MSE or any other) package.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…