Microsoft Security Essentials

hawthorn59 04:25 15 Feb 10

Hi

Ive changed my laptop (for the last time for quite a while hopefully!) and naturally it has Windows 7.
Im wondering has anyone any experience of Microsoft Security Essentials?

Up to now Ive had AVG. Is MSE a good enough replacement?

thanks
h

gel 06:53 15 Feb 10

Hi
I have been using MSE exclusively for about 6 weeks
It is very simple to use and up dates and scans on schedule set , but you have to be a little tolerant with the actual timing.
I did use avast and zone alarm and a couple of spy proms.
I am also very wary of the sites I use and rely a little on Trustee Rapport when Banking on line
click here

Microsoft also has a very good forum for MSE
and very helpful with queries
I hope this helps
Put Microsoft Security Essentials in search box in this forum for other comments
gel

Technotiger 09:14 15 Feb 10

I have been using MSE since its introduction, in place of AVG Free - I am happy to recommend it to anyone.

oldbeefer2 09:27 15 Feb 10

Me too - works flawlessly (so far).

birdface 09:36 15 Feb 10

Just been reading on another Forum that it does not protect you from some rootkits.I would have thought that as it is from Microsoft it would have all of the latest updates.
Since it has come out I have not heard anyone complaining about it so maybe worth giving it a try.
You would need some good anti-malware programs to go with it.maybe Superantispyware and Malwarebytes.
But any anti-virus program with those to anti-malware programs will do just as well.

hawthorn59 05:57 16 Feb 10

I guess I'll give it a go so!

thanks all!

h

hawthorn59 05:57 16 Feb 10

I guess I'll give it a go so!

thanks all!

h

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…