Microsoft security centre

iqs 17:02 12 Jan 12

Hi, I posted a thread about the w7 firewall recently ,now I have a question regarding the Microsoft security centre . Basically is it any good. I plant to use the w7 firewall,have a virgin superhub that's has a hardware firewall I think,turn on defender ,use malware bytes and of course the security centre ,plus possibly super anti spyware. Your thought s please. Thanks

northumbria61 17:14 12 Jan 12

enter link description here Security Center does not exist in Windows 7. Instead, Microsoft has replaced the Security Center with the Action Center.

northumbria61 17:18 12 Jan 12

Sorry your query was is it any good. In my view there is no harm done by having it turned on - contrary to all belief Microsoft do sometimes find solutions to your computers problems and you would receive messages regarding that via Action Center.

onthelimit1 17:24 12 Jan 12

You don't mention an antivirus programme?

iqs 18:45 12 Jan 12

Thank you for the link and advice.i will have another look at the security centre again,didn't realise it had changed. I thought that malware bytes was a anti virus program ? Thanks again all

iqs 18:46 12 Jan 12

Ps,I have bullguard security,but my subscription ends soon,plus it slows the w7 boot time .also when I updated to the latest version of bullguard,my pc blue screened

onthelimit1 19:43 12 Jan 12

If you want to replace Bullguard with free prog, consider the free versions of Avast!, AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials (which I use). There are loads of others which some recommend. You take your pick!

Strawballs 19:52 12 Jan 12

I also Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…