microsoft recovery console

sleepyhead300 03:10 22 Sep 07

I put recovery tools cd and then I press R to repair.I press 1:H:\windows.They said,Which windows installation would you like to log onto to cancel ,press enter? press 1. Type the aministrator password:I type password three times and reject.The passwordis not valid.An invalid has been entered.To restart your computer,press enter.Please can anybody help me,thanks.

Technotiger 07:58 22 Sep 07

For password try - admin or Admin.

Andy1991 08:12 22 Sep 07

The administrator password is normally blank (so, if it asks for it, just press Enter), as the administrator account in XP is not normally your own working account and is hidden, this is the account it refers to.

If u really don't know it, then go into START > RUN: Type "Control Userpasswords2".
Press OK.

Find the "Administrator" account in the list, select it, and then click reset password, put in a new password or leave them blank, when u have done, try recovery console again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…