microsoft receiver

tarnishF2 12:17 09 Apr 09

I have the microsft wirless receiver and mouse-keyboard not had problem since i bought it, this morning the receiver looks to have stopped working.
the 3 lights flash for abought a min can anyone shed any light if there is a problem with it or just renew it only had it 10 months.

thanks for any replies

chub_tor 12:28 09 Apr 09

The first thing to check is that the transmitter/receivers in both the mouse, keyboard and the USB section are talking to one another on the same frequency. This is usually done by pushing a small switch on the USB part and then similar small buttons on the keyboard and mouse. Look at the instructions to find out where the switches are.

You also need to check if there are any exclamation marks or question marks in Device Manager. You can find Device Manager by right clicking on My Computer and selecting Properties and then Device Manager, Hardware (Vista is slightly different but you can soon find Device Manager by Right Clicking Computer)

If it is faulty then at 10 months old it is still uncer warranty - take it or send it back.

Arnie 13:08 09 Apr 09

When did you last check the mouse and keyboard batteries?

chub_tor 14:24 09 Apr 09

That's a good point that tarnishF2 might check. It would help if he told us which Microsoft keyboard and mouse system that he has.

tarnishF2 16:51 09 Apr 09

I check the battries every couple of weeks

Arnie 18:06 09 Apr 09

Fair enough.

tarnishF2 08:47 10 Apr 09

all sorted out now just renewed it with the garantee

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…