microsoft publisher

HOLLIE 18:42 30 Jun 03

i had microsoft publisher installed on my computer but for some reason it is not on anymore where do i look to see if it is still installed. i do not have a disc for it .so where is the best place to get one thankyou

Jester2K II 18:44 30 Jun 03

Have a look and see if its listed in Control Panel, Add / Remove Programs...

Jester2K II 18:45 30 Jun 03

If so then it MIGHT still be there.

Post back what you find...

HOLLIE 19:04 30 Jun 03

nothing under the title publisher found in control panel

keith-236785 19:22 30 Jun 03

microsoft publisher is part (or can be) of microsoft office, have you recently uninstalled office97?
if you have then publisher will have gone.

have a look in c:/program files/ microsoft office

i think the file is called mspub

hope this helps.

Forum Editor 19:39 30 Jun 03

and I suggest that you follow paperman27's advice. He has correctly identified the file you're looking for.

If you find it, right click on it and select 'send to' and then 'desktop, create shortcut'.

That should put a nice shortcut to Publisher on your desktop, and clicking it will launch the program.

HOLLIE 20:11 30 Jun 03

still cannot find publisher anymore suggestions

Forum Editor 21:20 30 Jun 03

If it's not there, it's not there, but it's most odd.

If you don't mind me asking, if you don't have the installation CD how did Publisher get on your machine in the first place. It comes as part of Microsoft Office Small Business edition, do you have that installed - Word, Excel, etc?

Bagsey 23:20 30 Jun 03

Instead of scratching around in all odd places why not go to Start, Search and look for mspub. If is is on your machine that will find it and tell you where it is.

wee eddie 20:55 01 Jul 03

This is a well known problem with modern PC's and frequently requires the purchase of another one.

Have they been fiddling, If they/he/she have/has and accidentally deleted Publisher, you will get a response along these lines.

"No I haven't been near the PC, in fact I haven't touched it in weeks!"

If this is the response, your lost and will have to blag another copy.

Sorry about the spelling mistake at blag, of course I meant 'Buy'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…