Microsoft Publisher

widdy 11:32 AM 10 May 11

My older version of publisher fails to load newer files Any Ideas other than buy a newert version Thanks

wiz-king 12:10 PM 10 May 11

Quite common with Publisher. Dont know of a solution.

Woolwell 12:49 PM 10 May 11

About the only way I know is for the person who created the document to save it as an older version eg Publisher 2007 will allow you to save as a Publisher 2000.

Condom 14:19 PM 10 May 11

I'm pretty sure Microsoft does offer a free download of an add on which allows you to open any version of Publisher to view it but I think that is all you can do with the document, just view it.

southhead 18:35 PM 10 May 11

Unfortunately, it appears that Microsoft do not offer a Publisher reader. click here. So it seems that Woolwell has the best solution. Incidentally, I couldn't get Publisher 2007 to read and open files which I'd produced many years ago on Publisher 95, which is the opposite problem to that of Widdy!

Forum Editor 18:49 PM 10 May 11

If this is a frequent problem you might want to consider buying the latest version of Publisher (2010).

Why don't you download a free trial version? It lasts for 30 days, during which time you'll be able to open the files in question. If you don't want to buy the full licence at the end of the trial you should still be able to use it to open newer version files, but only to view them.

Get a trial copy here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED