Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP

Templar1961 21:13 14 Aug 05

I installed the slide show wizard from Microsoft PowerToys for Windows XP.

Can someone tell me if A HREF="My Slide Show\default.htm"> is the correct code to link the slide show produced to my homepage?

Eric10 09:21 15 Aug 05

If you have uploaded the 'My Slide Show' folder to your webspace and are linking to it from your homepage then that is correct except that you should use a forward slash '/' instead of a back slash '\' for web addresses. Also if you are writing the code by hand (as opposed to using a dedicated webpage editor) you should replace all spaces with %20 although I would prefer to rename the folder to my_slide_show before uploading and alter the link to suit.

Templar1961 10:40 15 Aug 05

Thanks Eric10.

I am hand coding this web page. Previously I used the following code to link my pages:

<A HREF="My Slide Show\html\viewer.htm">
but I found that the wizard no longer produces the viewer.htm file? Not sure how I figured this code out originally?

Therefore I am now using:
<A HREF="My Slide Show\default.htm">

Any ideas why the viewer.htm file is no longer produced?

Eric10 11:37 15 Aug 05

I never had the Slide Show Wizard before I read your query so I'm afraid I have no idea how it was setup previously.

Templar1961 11:55 15 Aug 05

Thanks for your response regarding the coding. I am interested to find out how the Slide Show Wizard has changed.

I installed a number of Windows updates on the 13th of August and wondered if they had affected the operation of the Slide Show Wizard?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…