Microsoft Power Point Slide Show

loopyloo 16:11 20 Dec 05

I am trying to open an email sent to me with a pps file. When I click to open the attachement in outlook it says the following "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the folder options control panel". When I look in the folder options in the control panel pps is showing as microsoft power point slide show. Im I doing something wrong. Help would be appreciated.

Mad Mick 16:14 20 Dec 05

If you have Microsoft Powerpoint then you should be able to configure it to view the file. If you don't have Powerpoint you can download a free Powerpoint viewer from Mictosoft's site.

GroupFC 16:17 20 Dec 05

Do you have Ms powerpoint installed on your machine (it is part of the ms office suite)?

If you don't you can get a powerpoint viewer form the ms download centre.

GroupFC 16:17 20 Dec 05

Doh - must type faster!!

Fellsider 16:18 20 Dec 05

From what you say the attachment appears to be a Power Point Slide Show.

1. Are you expecting an attachment?

2. What type of attachment are you expecting?

You will need PowerPoint to view this attachment unless a 'viewer' is available similar to Word and Excel, for those who don't have the program.

Fellsider 16:19 20 Dec 05

Exactly GroupFC!

Mad Mick 16:22 20 Dec 05

New Year's resolution. Must learn to spell Microsoft properly!!!

VoG II 17:22 20 Dec 05

Powerpoint viewer click here

Unable to open .PPS attachments directly from Outlook Express click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…