Microsoft Plus Pack

STEVE71163 19:31 24 Feb 03

I installed microsoft xp plus pack today and have set the coral reef screensaver on my pc. But when it goes on to the screensaver its alright for a while and then it goes back to the desktop but that is just the plain blue so then that has to be put back to the usual one as well. Any ideas why this should happen?

jazzypop 19:38 24 Feb 03

Go to Start > Control Panel > Display, select the Themes tab and choose 'Plus! Aquarium', Apply, OK

STEVE71163 19:44 24 Feb 03

Thanks jazzypop but i know how to set up the screensaver but it is just not working properly.

Djohn 19:59 24 Feb 03

STEVE71163, it may be that you have selected a new theme as well as your S/Saver, if so re-select your desktop theme, click on apply and that should sort it.

PSF 20:04 24 Feb 03

Have you checked Windows update, I remember that there was a patch for 3d screensavers.

STEVE71163 20:13 24 Feb 03

Thanks for replys. I have checked windows update but their was nothing to download and the theme is the same as it was before.

Djohn 20:23 24 Feb 03

Has the screensaver set your desktop to web active? if so un-tick the active desktop tab and this will bring you back to your normal one.

STEVE71163 20:30 24 Feb 03

Djohn Thanks for replying. How do i see if the desktop is set to web active.

« Ravin » 20:40 24 Feb 03

try going here and download the patch click here also under the screen saver tab try checking under settings if anything can be done

Djohn 20:55 24 Feb 03

Er! not sure, i'm having a look now. Just gone over to xp from 98se, knew how to do it then.

« Ravin » 20:57 24 Feb 03

xp turns on and off active desktop automatically depending on the wallpaper or web content you display on the desktop.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…