Microsoft Picture It 2002 problem

Trikie 22:35 29 Apr 04

I have a lot of files in this format but now trying to open one I find that the program is not recognised. It is still shown on the Programs file so I tried to delete and then re-install it.

It will not delete, a message says "Setup is unable to find the works sevices file". Pressing OK gets the message "Fatal error during installation".

I then tried to install from the CD hoping it would overwrite, but despite getting a message "Do you want to run the program" and answering Yes nothing happens.

Can anyone suggest what I can try - preferably in baby language.

Thanks

VoG II 23:07 30 Apr 04

click here suggests that you should be able to reinstall the program - bumps you to the top anyway.

Trikie 00:10 10 May 04

Thanks VoG. I've printed off that Error Message
but clicking OK I don't get the 4 paragraph message that it describes - my message is "Fatal Error During Installation".

It still refuses to reinstall - the installation CD brings up "Do you want to run" but then does nothing when I say Yes.

hugh-265156 00:24 10 May 04
  Trikie 20:59 10 May 04

Thanks Huggy71. I've printed off the Microsoft article and would appreciate a bit more help. It reads as though Picture-It is parts of the Works suite. Works word processor, database and spreadsheets were ready installed when I bought the computer (XP) but I bought Picture It later.

Its labelled British Version 2002 and the Microsoft article refers to removing Program Folders and Registry Keys for Picture It 2001. Is it OK to use it on the later version or have they done another one for 2002?

Sorry to be a nuisance but I don't want to get even further out of my depth - the PC Advisor lifelines are a godsend.

Trikie 21:07 13 May 04

I presume no-one can help with this so I've tried looking up the Microsoft support site. Still nothing for the 2002 version that I can find so I am thinking of trying their communuty newsgroup.

Simple question - I hope - what Group do I ask ?I expected one of the titles to be self explanatory but none seems to apply. Home Productivity or Traing and Certification are the nearest looking. Any suggestions?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…