Microsoft Photo Editor and Wallpaper.

Dr Lecter 03:46 23 Feb 03

I have a question re the above. I have downloaded some images ( JPEG) and i want to use them as Wallpaper. When i click on the image it opens up Msoft Photo Editor. Is there a way i can use them as Wallpapers. Many thanks - John

-pops- 06:58 23 Feb 03

This is how it is in XP. Don't know about the others.

Right click on a blank area of the desktop and click properties. Select Desktop and then browse. You will then be able to search for you picture and insert it as background (wallpaper).

Suggest you move your picture to its own folder first so that you don't inadvertantly lose it.

Brian

Pesala 08:18 23 Feb 03

This excellent freeware graphics viewer, converter, has an option to set current image as wallpaper.

Many powerful features, easy to use, and tiny (less than 1 Mbyte). Much better than most photo editors for common tasks like cropping, resizing, converting graphic formats, etc.

Check out the home page now: click here

Andsome 08:38 23 Feb 03

Just downloaded it and had a quick look. It looks like a nice little program. I now have several small editing programs as well as Jasc Paintshop Pro 7. I find that they all have their virtues. Try click here there is a download button in the right hand bottom corner. This is definitely the easiest program for cropping photo's. If you select 7 X 9 format, four shots will nicely fit onto A4. It is also the very best and easiest program that I have found for removing red eye. There is also a nice little facility for making a screensaver program from your photo's.

Pesala 13:24 23 Feb 03

I checked it out - 3.5 Mbytes but only seems to crop and rotate. I'm sticking with Irfan View, converts all graphic file formats, makes 3D buttons, slideshows, etc., etc. I'm all for simplicity, but ofoto looks like just a one task program. Excellent for that, maybe, but I need a bit more power. I use Corel Photopaint, for the really difficult stuff like making masks and retouching.

Dr Lecter 23:42 23 Feb 03

I have downloaded the irfan viewer all great stuff. I have also discovered that i can also use the images in Microsoft photo editor as a wallpaper by making the desktop as a web page.

tbh72 02:12 24 Feb 03

Another little point, I may stand corrected but in the 9x operating system's desktop backgrounds have to be BMP file "Windows PaintBrush Files"

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…