Microsoft Photo Editor disappeared

popgeoff 11:31 02 Aug 09

Strange situation.
When I click on My Pictures and then select a photo it used to open in Microsoft Photo Editor. ( Unless I chose another application.) Now , when I do this nothing opens in aforesaid application, although systray show Microshop Photo Editor icon.
Not the end of the world but don't understand what may have happened. Any advice please?

johndrew 11:43 02 Aug 09

Right click on a photo, go to `Open with` and then select `Choose program`. Select the `Windows picture and fax viewer` and tick `Always use the selected program to open this type of file` and click `OK`.

Hopefully each time you click on an .img file in future it will open.

In the event your photos are saved as another format, you can use the same process to open them in the viewer in the future.

Sea Urchin 11:46 02 Aug 09

.....or even select Microsoft Photo Editor if you wish

johndrew 15:41 02 Aug 09

`.....or even select Microsoft Photo Editor if you wish`

Spot on. Wish I could read!!!!

popgeoff 17:49 05 Aug 09

Well thanks but sure I can open in windows picture and fax viewer or "Paint" but I definitely can't get Photo Editor to work at all.
Apart from the icon which appears in the systray as I mentioned earlier.
Photo Editor woekd fine for the last four years but not now !!

Sea Urchin 18:11 05 Aug 09

But is Photo Editor on the list when you select Choose Program?

Sea Urchin 18:14 05 Aug 09

Maybe this is your problem?

click here

woodchip 19:09 05 Aug 09

Right click the icon in sys tray check properties and settings. I do not use it but thats where I would start

woodchip 19:13 05 Aug 09

Hears how, if its in Add Remove Programs in Control Panel Remove it and redownload and install click here

popgeoff 19:34 05 Aug 09

Sea Urchin
Yes it is on the list. Just doesn't open

popgeoff 19:37 05 Aug 09

woodchip
Can't see it in Add Remove programmes
I'll try Properties etc,
Also clicking icon in systray doesn't show "Properties". Just Restore Resize Close

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…