Microsoft patches may break Web sites

woodchip 17:35 03 Nov 05
  woodchip 22:50 03 Nov 05

CurlyWhirly 23:28 03 Nov 05

Woodchip, this must be what has happened to me as since I downloaded and installed the last lot of Microsoft updates, I find that I was having a lot of problems with Active X controls, Javascript and Internet Explorer security settings being too high .

This quote is from your article link:

"Both patches can cause problems with ActiveX controls, small programs designed to perform simple tasks that can make a Web site more interactive. The MS05-038 patch can also hinder Java applications. After the patches are installed, applications that are programmed in specific ways will no longer work in Internet Explorer, Microsoft said"

For example I couldn't upgrade my version of iTunes, post a screenshot using Internet Explorer with Imageshack or even get some website WMP videos to play.
This happened with both IE and the AOL browser (which is based on IE anyway).

All of these problems were solved by using Firefox and it even saves your passwords as well which is a bonus.

I used to occasionally use Firefox but I have now lost patience with IE and Firefox is my default browser now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…