Microsoft Outlook SMTP Problem

The Black Rat 19:17 23 Apr 07

Until very recently my e-mail was working fine (Microsoft Outlook and BT Internet) Then I received messages that my SMTP needs to be set at 'orangehome.co.uk' instead of the required 'mail.btinternet.com'. I have never used Orange so I do not know where this came from. Using the BT Help, I did all that was suggested including deleting and re-installing my e-mail information. All to no avail. I was then told that I need to contact Orange or Microsoft to clear the registry entry. Has anyone got any information as to how to sort this out and if necessary I have backed up my information with a view to tinkering with the registry if I got instructions.
Thanks in anticipation.
Rob.....

Woolwell 19:23 23 Apr 07

I note that you state that you have never used Orange but iis this just for your e-mail? Who is your ISP? BT or Orange? If BT then your SMTP should be BT if Orange then it should be Orange.

anskyber 19:29 23 Apr 07

I agree, this does not seem right to me if you are with BT.

anskyber 19:32 23 Apr 07

Incidentally. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…