Microsoft outlook, rtfhtml.dll problem

morris948 18:06 08 Apr 03

Hi. My PC is a P4 2.0Gb 256Mb memory running Windows XP pro with Svc Pack 1, i recently upgraded my Office 2000 to office XP but i encountered an error with Outlook which gave a 'missing pstprx.dll' i gave up trying to find the answer to this, i decided to load the Office 2000 just loading the Outlook only, i got it to work but now i have 6 messages waiting to download the first message comes down ok but the 2nd message gives 'outlook encountered an error and must close' the detail of the error is as follows:
error signiture,app name:outlook.exe app ver 900.2416 mod name: rtfhtml.dll
i've tried several times to reload the outlook but it still persists with this fault. Any Ideas!

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:12 08 Apr 03

This can happen if you have both Outlook 2002 (XP) and Outlook 2000 on the same computer. Remove both versions of Office and then re-install the version you will be using.

click here gives further info.

G

morris948 20:02 08 Apr 03

Gandalf
I did as you suggested, deleted the Office XP and 2000, after reload the outlook now works...but.. the inbox shows all my messages as it should but if i open contacts,or any other folder it says the folder does not exist, and when i click on 'inbox' it also says the folder does not exist.
if i close the outlook and reopen, the inbox is there again and only stays open as long as i dont use any functions, i can recieve and send messages ok, what could be wrong!

morris948 20:25 08 Apr 03

I dicovered that i can view all the functions as long as i use the drop down list next to the address bar, but the left hand pane (shortcut) window wont open any folders ,just declares them as non existent.

No Ideas 21:17 08 Apr 03

Try Help, Detect & Repair ... might not fix your problem, but perhaps worth a shot
HTH

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…