Microsoft Outlook Problem.

prince midas 13:50 12 Jan 07

I am having trouble moving files from my old computor.
The old computor as Outlook on a Drive image so I could only move the Outlook Files to my new computor to a new Folder which now contains Outlook pst.

Following instructions given to me previously I have Gone to File Menus & click Import & Export which I have done but the next message of Click import From another program or File but this 2nd screen is not there help please.

FreeCell 14:26 12 Jan 07

If you have the .pst file from the "old" system you just have to copy it to the folder
C:\Documents and Settings\[your name]\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook

prince midas 15:06 12 Jan 07

I have got the file in the folder you stated and it is outlook.pst along with another file called extend.dat but outlook cannot see them and states I have nothing in my contacts when I should have about 40.

When I go to import as stated it waits because it cannot see the line import from another file.

FreeCell 16:04 12 Jan 07

In Outlook open Inbox. Left-Click on the Inbox name to\ oppen the folders list. Look at the top of the list to see if you have a Personal Folder with a plus sign. Open this. It should be the one you copied.

Otherwise select File - Open and open the file you just copied across.

prince midas 16:25 12 Jan 07

Personal folder as a minus sign which if I click on it becomes a plus sign abd inbox outbox etc are empty.If I go to docs folder and click on pst file which was made around a fortnight ago before I updated to new computor so it is the correct file,it then asks me what program I wish to use to open it ?

FreeCell 17:24 12 Jan 07

Did you you overwrite the .pst that was in the folder with the one you are trying to transfer? Sorry if it wasn't clear you need to replace the outlook.pst file that would be there, set up by Outlook.

Alternative is in Outlook use "File-Open-Personal Folders File" and search for the file you want to open.

prince midas 10:44 15 Jan 07

Thanks FreeCell for your help.
I finally uninstalled Outlook & then reinstalled.This time it asked me for the folder in which it expected Outlook.pst to be.
So I placed it in the folder & it found everything. Great.

FreeCell 10:46 15 Jan 07

Happy to help. Hope everything is okay.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac