microsoft outlook express

benj 22:26 27 Jan 03

How do I transfer my e-mail address list to a floppy disk. all my attempts so far have been unintelligible signs and cyphers and something called wab ?? could someone please give me blow by blow instructions of how I can transfer my e-mail address's to floppy disk for safety please.
benji

Lú-tzé 22:54 27 Jan 03

Go into Address Book, then: File, then: Export, then: Address Book (WAB).

Then tell it where to save it and give it a name.

beeuuem 23:13 27 Jan 03

There are several ways of doing this.
The easiest is to locate the WAB address book. You don't say which OS you are using.
1/In Win98 it is in C:\Windows\Application data\Microsft \Address Book and is ususlly called(user name).wab.Right click on this and go to 'send to',select A drive. To restore Copy and paste from the floppy to the location given above,

2/You can export the address book from OE from 'File' Export. Export the file as Text CSV to your floppy making sure to include al the fields that you want to save.
To restore, you import the using the import option 'Other Address book' and navigating to the flopppy and selecting the file you originally saved.
The procedure is the same in XP though WAB is in a different location. You can locate this from a search for '*.wab'

beeuuem 23:18 27 Jan 03

Or you can do it the easy way as suggested by
Lú-tzé!

DieSse 23:43 27 Jan 03

Your Outlook Express address book is held in a file with the extension name wab - so the file will be xxxxx.wab (where xxxxx is whatever your username is).

You only have to copy this file onto a floppy disk - nothing more.

However you can only use the file to import it back into Outlook Express - if you try to look at it with a word processor, you will not make much sense of it - because it is in the special format the address book software needs.

Copying is sufficient - you don't need to export it - it will import back fine.

Switcher 00:23 28 Jan 03

If you wish to copy your Email account to a Floppy rather than your email address.

Open outlook express.

Tools

Accounts

Mail

Select the account you wish to copy

Export

In dialogue box type a:\myaccount.iaf

Enter

Switcher 00:25 28 Jan 03

Sorry - Should read post more carefully - it is your address list you wish to copy - what an idiot me.

Andsome 08:44 28 Jan 03

If you are using Outlook Express then this works every time for me. Open Tools/address book. Open to a full page view for ease and convenience. You need to highlight all the addresses. If you select edit/select all, they do not seem to transfer. Instead, I point to the right hand bottom corner of the page, then holding down the left side of the mouse, scoll accross the page to the left then scroll to the top. Then click onto edit/copy. The addresses can then be pasted into the floppy.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…