microsoft outlook express

maarraa 23:38 28 Feb 06

since converting to bt broadband and norton anti-virus in jan. 06, once the computer is up and running i intermittently get this message:

"either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfil the messaging request. please run microsoft outlook and set it as the default mail client"

what does all this mean, what effect does it have and what need to be done to stop the messages?

any help appreciated.thanks.

skidzy 23:42 28 Feb 06

Has Norton configured your email settings.

Also ..have you set up an Email account with Bt,im guessing you were with another isp before joining Bt.

maarraa 23:56 28 Feb 06

skidsy- re norton- i have no idea if it has configured my email settings. i just followed the instructions but am a novice. how can i check?

re bt - yes.

skidzy 00:11 01 Mar 06

Have you set up an email account with BT ?

If so,contact me via email and i will help you set it up.

lotvic 01:49 01 Mar 06

Error of no default mail client - disabling "Use MAPI interface" will solve it wanting Outlook. In Norton click the setup tab. find "Use MAPI interface" and disable it (not checked this out for Norton but it works with other AV progs)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…