Microsoft Outlook

ahkid2002 15:19 24 Feb 03

Hello All

Is there anyway of hiding Microsoft Outlook, so it appears in the system tray, in other words so you dont have to have the program on the task bar. You can put it in the system tray so when i recieve a e-mail it pops up saying i have new e-mail rather than having the proram open on task bar all the time.

Hope you can help

Steve

jazzypop 15:35 24 Feb 03

You can delete the task bar icon by right-clicking and choosing Delete (but then you lose the ability to quickly access Outlook).

When new mail arrives, a mail envelope icon is displayed in the System Tray. You can set other options (such as a sound playing) by choosing Tools > Options from within Outlook.

jazzypop 17:46 24 Feb 03

Received by email ...

!Hello there mate

I did not mean the icon in the quick access menu. Sorry i meant on the mion task bar where all the other programs are listed"

As a general point, it is more helpful to you if you reply using the message box at the bottom of the screen, rather than by using the email envelope icon. That way, everyone can see the progress of the thread, and contribute as they see fit.

I think I'm a little more baffled than before :)

You need to have Outlook running, so that it can receive emails. If it is running, there will be an icon on the Task bar at the bottom of the screen. If it is not running, there will be no icon, but it will not be 'listening' for new emails.

If you just have too many icons with which to launch Outlook, a right-click and delete will get rid of them.

Did I understand correctly, or am I still missing the point?

kuhbler 19:34 24 Feb 03

You can set Outlook to check for mail every few mins. Then a white envelope appears in the system tray. I think this is what you want.

Go to Tools, Options, Mail Delivery,and set the check for messages section.

Apart from that I don't think there is any way to minimize Outlook to the system tray.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…