Microsoft Outlook 2000

merc. 19:26 03 Feb 03

Hi just want to find out how I can make a copy onto a CD of all my contacts in outlook 2000. (Using XP) Also can i have it start with my shortcuts instead of outlook shortcuts as default.

Merc.

DieSse 20:45 03 Feb 03

If you find the .pst file - this holds all of your Outlook information - Conbtacts, settings, emails, schedules, planners - everything. So ideally, this is the thing to back up.

Simply search for *.pst and you will find where it (they possibly) is stored.

Can't answer the "shortcuts" question, as it's not clear to me what you mean.

Kegger 20:45 03 Feb 03

Hi, you cant make a copy like that, however you can export the file and then import it back on to the cd -rw drive this will give you a back up,
you can also add any shortcuts that you want to keep on the Outlook bar, either drag and drop them there or right click and add to outlook bar. to remove any shortcut right click and select remove from outlook bar

Kegger 20:50 03 Feb 03

sorry missed this bit off last response.. to get to export / import settings select 'file' from top level menu select import/export then follow wizard which will automatically take you to the known .pst file expand the file and highlight contacts then export to a known file giving a known name for the file. then copy file to cd burner for recovery at a later time. to reover the file all you have to do is import it back into your mail box.

merc. 15:45 04 Feb 03

thanks for the reply's sorry a bit late been busy

merc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…