microsoft outlook

Scorpion2112 00:14 12 Jun 04

I'm running Win XP pro and Office 2003. When I send an e-mail to a large group with microsoft outlook it goes through the motions as if it's been sent, but none of them actually get there.I've tried looking into options etc... but cannot get my head around it. Any ideas Guys??

johnnyrocker 00:20 12 Jun 04

what happens if you send yourself one from the properties/options?

johnny.

Scorpion2112 00:24 12 Jun 04

sorry. not sure what you mean. I've included my own address on BCC and that does not return anything.

pmjd 01:03 12 Jun 04

Just a quick question, what Anti-Virus software are you running?

Had simillar problems a few months ago, especially messages with attachments, turned out to be a recent upgrade to McAfee VirusScan 8 messing things up.

Worst bit is they knew about the problem for 5 MONTHS but were taking one hell of a long time to fix it. Gave up and changed AV software which fixed the problem.

Scorpion2112 14:51 12 Jun 04

I'm running norton 2003 anti-virus and 2003 firewall.I've unchecked the box so it doesn't scan outgoing mail

rawprawn 17:12 12 Jun 04

I am not sure but I believe certain ISP's have a limit on the size you can send at one go, to combat spammers. I don't know how big your large group is but try sending the emails in two goes or even three. Just split them up so that the number of MB you send are smaller, also check with your ISP to see what the limit is, & if this is the case.I send out a news letter for a club and some people are only allowed to receive upto a certain size or they have to pay extra. It's just a thought.

Scorpion2112 23:32 12 Jun 04

thanks rawprawn, they do seem to go in 2 groups but I am with the same ISP as before I upgraded to office 2003. I'll just do that from now on. cheers anyway. Martin.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…