Microsoft Outlook

KRANKER 09:33 27 Apr 04

The programme shows the following message " A PROGRAM IS TRYING TO ACCESS YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESSES YOU HAVE STORED IN OUTLOOK. DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS etc." I have ran Nortin Antivirus, AVG Antivirus, SpyBot as well as updated Windows and Office from the Microsoft website. The message however continues to appear........ Grateful to receive comments please.

golfpro 09:40 27 Apr 04

Is this appearing in Outlook or as a Pop-Up if its a pop up its a spoof get rid of it with Ad-aware

Sir Radfordin 09:42 27 Apr 04

Does it happen when you try and do something?

It is a security feature built into newer version of Outlook to stop anything using the address book that shouldn't. There could be some legitimate applications that you want to allow to access the address book - though you should know if you are doing anything when this message occurs.

KRANKER 10:13 27 Apr 04

The message is in a MIOCROSOFT OUTLOOK popup. It appears when functioning send/receive. I am not aware of any legitimate programmes that would be accessing the address book. I uninstalled Plaxo when the problem first appeared.

KRANKER 10:28 27 Apr 04

Thanks for the suggestion Golfpro. I ran Ad-aware, regret however the popup is still there.

ventanas 10:41 27 Apr 04

Funny this, one of our machines came up with the exact same message yesterday. (Outlook 2002). Full scan (Norton AV 2004 Pro) revealed nothing. Hasn't happened since. Still don't know what caused it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…