Microsoft Outlook

Toria 21:56 09 Apr 04

I have been using Microsoft Outlook 2000 for quite a while, but now all of a sudden I cannot seem to load it, it will just not open. I have uninstalled it, installed the 97 version and it opened, then reinstalled the 2000 version but the same problem. Can anyone advice me what I might have done wrong, and whatI can do to fix the problem?

GaT7 22:40 09 Apr 04

Do you get any particular error message or code when you try to open Outlook, or does nothing seem to happen at all?

Also, after to try to open Outlook is 'Outlook.exe' (or similar) running in the background? i.e. when you do a Ctrl+Alt+Del?

GaT7 23:21 09 Apr 04

From your email:

"All that happens is that when I click on Outlook it opens up with the normal picture of Outlook [if that makes sense] and then just sits there, all the light is flashing like mad on the computer. When I press Ctrl Alt Del I then have the option to End Task - does that help you?"

Thanks for that, Toria. Sorry, do not have an answer off the top of my head but will keep looking. Someone else may know/find something too.

Toria, please use the "Add a new response to 'Microsoft Outlook' created by Toria" box at the bottom of this page to post responses to this thread - it's just easier & more convenient this way : ) Ta, G

Toria 07:29 10 Apr 04

Thanks for the response. What is strange that when I uninstalled Microsoft Office 2000 and installed Office 97, which is what I used to use, Microsoft Outlook worked. My son also uses my computer as another user, could that have anything to do with the problem, but then if 97 works why not the 2000 version. It has been working so obviously I have done something for it to suddenly to stop working.

VoG II 08:14 10 Apr 04
  VoG II 08:16 10 Apr 04

Sorry the first one should be click here

Toria 23:27 10 Apr 04

Well I tried but still the same problem. Could it be to do with having my son as a profile user? Do I perhaps need to delete it and Outlook Express?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017