Microsoft Outlook

Zane22 20:53 10 Jan 04

Hi
How can I "turn off" outlook express and just use outlook instead.

Thanks

Zane :-)

VoG II 21:09 10 Jan 04

Internet Explorer, Tools/Internet Options, Programs tab.

DieSse 23:05 10 Jan 04

You don't really need to "turn off" anything - just do as I do and only use Outlook.

You can delete the icon on the Desktop, to avoid clutter, and in case you click on it by accident - but you don't actually need to do more.

pupae 23:43 10 Jan 04

how is this possible ive been trying to sort this out for ages, i just wanted to use outlook, i went down the route of>Internet Explorer, Tools/Internet Options, Programs tab. and changed every thing to outlook. however it made no difference other than to make it the default. so i asked freeserve,and i was told "dont open o/express and your mail will goto outlook", i.e. it wil be opened in whatver is opened first. but all that happened was i got no mail, untill that is i opened o/express. so i gave up

VoG II 08:31 11 Jan 04

via e-mail

how do I set up outlook to send and receive,I have done what you said but cant rec/sen emails any ideas? cheers Zane :-)

----------------------------------

Have you set up your account details? They will be the same as you were using in Outlook Express.

DieSse 11:58 11 Jan 04

Or even, when you installed Outlook, did you set it up to handle your email at all?

In Outlook 2000 go to Toolñs - Options - Mail Delivery - Reconfigure Mail Support - and look how it's configured.

Then set up your accounts - then it should work.

pupae ---- Freeserve answered in essence how I did - if you set it up (a you must with any email client) - then you just need to use it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…