Microsoft OfficeXp 2002 Problem.

birdface 13:08 11 Apr 07

Hi have a problem with Office 2002 standard.When I click Repair in Add Remove a box comes up with Patch Package could not be opened,I cannot download any up-dates because of this, even though product has been verified by microsoft as genuine.Now my problem is that my D Drive does not work,But we will not go into that as everything has been tried to get it running again,Now what would happen if i deleted office,And tried to reinstall it using E Drive RW Drive Would it work on that,Obviously I would prefer to repair it,Anybody got any Idea's.

Technotiger 13:13 11 Apr 07

Hi, it should work no matter which cd rom you use.

Technotiger 13:15 11 Apr 07

PS - when you remove it, I assume using Add/Remove, it may be a good idea to run CCleaner afterwards, to get rid of any left-overs, before reinstalling it.

€dstowe 13:33 11 Apr 07

Have you tried repairing from within the program itself?

Click on: Help -> Detect and repair.

birdface 14:17 11 Apr 07

Thanks for the advice Will come back to your way a little later Technotiger,Will try Edstowe's idea first.Any one know what Patch package is.

Technotiger 14:20 11 Apr 07
  VoG II 14:22 11 Apr 07

Failing that click here

birdface 17:46 11 Apr 07

Patch package would not work,Downloaded Vogs Clean Up,But what are you supposed to do with it,It has Microsoft Officeon it do i leave it or delete it,Tried deleting it from Add Remove.C Cleaner+Winaso. So cant repair it and cant delete it.

VoG II 17:53 11 Apr 07

If you run the Installer Clean Up Utility you should see Office listed - click on it then click the Remove button.

Windows should now 'think' that Office is not installed and you should be able to install it again.

birdface 18:54 11 Apr 07

Hi, Thanks all for your help, Managed to uninstall it with Vogs click here,Have now reinstalled it and its working fine,Keep up the good work,

Technotiger 19:47 11 Apr 07

Grreat, thanks for the feedback.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now