Microsoft Office System

NSBT 12:38 25 Jan 08

Hi

On my laptop I have Microsoft Office System installed, when I click on any of the programmes it's asking me for the 25 character key, I wasn't give the information when I purchased the laptop,

Any idea where I'll find the information?

I running Vista home basic.

Blitzer 12:44 25 Jan 08

Did you specifically purchase Office with the laptop or was it just one there? If it was just there then it's very likely to be a trial version of Office in which case you should be able to use it for 60 days I believe.
HTH

Clapton is God 12:46 25 Jan 08

Assuming you have the packaging/CD or CD case for the Office suite it will be there.

Otherwise download, install and run click here

NSBT 12:50 25 Jan 08

Hi Blitzer

No, I never specifically asked for the software, it was just there, it says I have 24 more free uses.

NSBT 12:51 25 Jan 08

Hi Clapton

Thanks for that link, I'm a novice, so may I ask, is that link the same as office.org?

Clapton is God 12:52 25 Jan 08

"it was just there, it says I have 24 more free uses"

So it's trial version which will expire

Blitzer 12:59 25 Jan 08

Yes, that would be a trial version of Office you have pre-installed in which case you have various options, mainly whether you want to buy it or not really. The cheapest option I know of and only for home use would be a Copy of Office Home and Student edition, which can be purchased online for About £80 and can be installed on upto three PC's. All other options are far more expensive. Hope this helps.

NSBT 13:02 25 Jan 08

Thanks Blitzer.

It's not worth the expense for what I need, I think I may download Office.Org.

pj123 13:17 25 Jan 08

Open Office is free and supposed to be compatible with Microsoft Office.

click here

NSBT 17:09 25 Jan 08

OK, thanks for the confirmation, and the links.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…