Microsoft Office Pro 2007 installation problems

wesleyd 08:42 31 Mar 09

Hey there, I've been having the most difficult time trying to install my newly purchased (legitimate) Office 2007 onto my laptop. I've torn apart the web trying to find a solution, and everywhere I turn I see to hit a brick wall.

Whenever I insert the installation CD, the program tries to startup, and then I get this message:

"setup cannot continue because a required file is either corrupted or not available"

This is a new computer, and hasn't had any other Office programs installed, and I've also tried fudging things through msconfig.

I would deeply appreciate ANY counsel I can get on this issue, because I'm seriously about to lose my mind.

Thank you in advance!

-w

ventanas 12:34 31 Mar 09

Try this
click here

wesleyd 12:56 31 Mar 09

I guess I'm not entirely sure how to use Windows Installer Cleanup tool. Do I simply highlight every program that the Cleanup Tool lists, and click Remove? If I do that, will I need to reinstall each program?

Also, I do know it's not a CD problem, since I tried using it on my other computer, and everything started up just fine.

piddletrenthide 13:14 31 Mar 09

This may be a long shot, but it's possible that your laptop cd/dvd drive won't read Microsoft's Office CD. I had this with my friend's laptop and an Office 2003 CD (legitimate and newly purchased). I copied it onto a blank CD-R which then installed perfectly. Incidentally her laptop would read all other CDs/DVDs without any problem.

May be worth giving this a try before you resort to heavier solutions.

wesleyd 12:47 03 Apr 09

Thanks, piddletrenthide! I made a copy of the CD (after much labor dealing with the copyright issues), and once I tried the newly burned copy it worked like a charm.

I appreciate the time and input that went in to the replies. Thanks so much!

-w

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…