Microsoft Office Pro 2003 Student not responding

Done and dusted 17:48 13 Nov 05

Scenario - Computer came pre-loaded with Office 2003 Standard trial which ran out. Installed Microsoft Office Pro 2003 Student Edition which worked fine for a few weeks but now when I try to run any of the programs Word, Excel, Access etc all tools are blocked apart from Open Print Zoom and a few others. I can open existing files but cannot edit them as all other icons/options are greyed out.

I tried to resolve by uninstalling Office 2003 standard and Office Pro 2003 Student Edition and then re-installing Office Pro 2003 Student Edition but no success.

Have also tried clicking on Activate under Help but nothing happens.

Have also tried Detect and Repair under Help but again no success.

Help!

Genius1 17:51 13 Nov 05

Is your version of Office 2003 Pro a trial version? After 30 days, Office 2003 Pro goes into 'reduced functionality mode' if it's a trial. Then only certain features like you describe are available.

Done and dusted 17:56 13 Nov 05

No not a trial version. It is the Microsoft Office Professional Enterprise Edition 2003 for students complete with product key.

VoG II 17:57 13 Nov 05

Try uninstalling again, then run click here;en-us;290301 then reinstall.

VoG II 17:58 13 Nov 05

OOps click here

Done and dusted 18:01 13 Nov 05

Thanks VoG.

Will uninstall and then do "OOps click here" after tea - guests arriving as I type. Will report back later.

Genius1 18:05 13 Nov 05

I have just recieved the Office 2003 Pro Trial Edition that I ordered free from Microsoft's website. When I type in the product key which comes with the trial CDs, it accepts it fine and installs the product with no errors. However, when I try to activate the product a message appears saying that I have 'activated up to the limit of the product key', meaning I can't use it. Does anyone know what this message means?

Genius1 18:06 13 Nov 05

Sorry should have posted it under my own subject! But can anyone help?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…