Microsoft Office Outlook

The Brown Rock 23:54 11 Aug 08

I have a new computer and my E-Mails are now routed through Microsoft Office Outlook via my Hotmail account. I have found that some of my mails are retained in the òutbox`of Office Outlook. I have found this to be bad news as when ordering a product and had no reply I changed my mind and later ordered an upgrade instead. Some weeks later again the original order went out-I don't know how this happened, it seems to be a random delay from the outbox. I on occasion get an error message to the effect "Could not connect to SSL contact provider or some such. I had no trouble with the previous Outlook Express, - what to do now is my question to the forum
The Brown Rock

Ditch999 12:13 12 Aug 08

If you have a Windows Live Hotmail Plus subscription, you can use a POP3 (POP3, or Post Office Protocol 3, is a protocol that's used to retrieve e-mail from a mail server.) server to add your Windows Live Hotmail account to Microsoft Outlook and access your e-mail messages there.

If you download and install Microsoft Office Outlook Connector, you can access your Windows Live Hotmail e-mail messages and contacts in Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 or in Microsoft Office Outlook 2003.

Ditch999 12:15 12 Aug 08

If its just a POP3 Server you want to add to Outlook:

Use a POP3 server to add your Windows Live Hotmail account to Microsoft Outlook

1. In Outlook, click the Tools menu, and then click E-mail Accounts.
2. Click Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
3. Click POP3, and then click Next.
4. Enter the following information:
* Under User Information, type your name and your Windows Live Hotmail e-mail address.
* Under Server Information, in the Incoming mail server (POP3) box, type pop3.live.com.
* Under Server Information, in the Outgoing mail server (SMTP) box, type smtp.live.com.
* Under Logon Information, in the User Name box, type your full Windows Live Hotmail e-mail address.
* In the Password box, type the password for your Windows Live Hotmail e-mail address.
* Clear the Remember password check box unless you're the only person with access to the computer. Make sure that the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check box isn't selected.
5. Click More settings.
6. On the Outgoing Server tab, make sure that the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server options are selected.
7. On the Advanced tab, under Server Port Numbers, enter the following information, and then click OK:
* In the Incoming server (POP3) box, type 995.
* In the Outgoing server (SMTP) box, type 25.
* Under both Incoming server (POP3) and Outgoing server (SMTP), select the This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) check box.
8. Click Next, and then click Finish.

Ditch999 12:17 12 Aug 08

If you want to use Outlook Connector:

Download Outlook Connector.

1. Visit the Microsoft Office Outlook Connector website.
2. To validate your version of Microsoft Office, click Continue.
3. Scroll down the page. Next to OutlookConnector.exe, click Download.
4. Click Save.
5. Select a location to download the file to, and then click Save.

Install Outlook Connector.

1. In Windows XP, double-click the file that you downloaded.

–or–

In Windows Vista, right-click the file that you downloaded, and then click Run as administrator.
2. Read the licensing agreement. If you agree to it, select the Click here to accept the Microsoft Software License Terms check box, and then click Continue.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions.

Use Outlook Connector to add a Windows Live Hotmail account to Outlook.

1. Click the Outlook Connector menu, and then click Add a New Account.
2. Type the e-mail address and password for the account that you want to add. Type the name that you want to appear, and then click OK.
3. Click OK.

The next time that you open Outlook, you can access your e-mail messages and contacts from the Windows Live Hotmail account that you added.

The Brown Rock 23:45 12 Aug 08

Thanks Ditch 999. I just had that info printed and will digest it at my leasure for in `old age`it takes time. Just one further question- will the information given apply wherever I reside, as in Rep.of Ireland in my case?
With regards
The Brown Rock

Ditch999 00:15 13 Aug 08

Dont matter where you live as it all goes to the good ol' USA anyway.

A fellow Paddy! Nice to know another one!!

The Brown Rock 23:16 13 Aug 08

Caught between "The Brown Rock" and a "Ditch" where else would you find it?
Thanks and regards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple