microsoft Office Help please

c.d.rom 19:06 06 Mar 06

Hi
Have lost the disc of my microsoft office program and i need to reset my computer how could i save the office program so that i can re-install it when i have reset my computer. I have a external HD and im using microsoft office 2003. any help would be much apprecated thanks
Dom

Pine Man 20:09 06 Mar 06

I stand to be corrected but I think the simple answer is that you can't save a program such as MS Office and then reinstall it with a new operating system.

c.d.rom 20:11 06 Mar 06

its not a new operating system its the same one with the same registration code if thats any help cheers dom

Pine Man 20:13 06 Mar 06

What I understand from your thread is that you want to, effectively, remove Office from your hard drive, save it. Re-install your operating system and then re-install Office. If so - no you can't do it.

c.d.rom 20:15 06 Mar 06

Yea that is correct thought it might be the case cheers for you help anyway Dom

Eric10 20:25 06 Mar 06

If you download SIW click here you can use it to find the Product Key for the copy of Office 2003 on your hard drive by running SIW and looking under 'Secrets'. Armed with this you could contact Microsoft and argue your case. After all it's the licence that's costs the money rather than the actual CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced