//some 3rd party need geo

Microsoft Office Document Scanning - Imaging

milkybarkid 10:17 19 Oct 05

Am running Office 2000. Recently re-installed it but have lost the ability to use the Microsoft Office Document Scanning - Imaging facility which I found very useful. Anyone, any ideas on how to get it back?

billyliv 10:27 19 Oct 05

Hi milkybarkid, When I re-installed office 2000 I clicked on 'Insert', 'Picture' and was told that the feature was not installed. I was prompted to put the office 2000 disc in and click OK. This re-installed the feature. Cheers, Bill

milkybarkid 10:36 19 Oct 05

Sorry Billyliv. Tried this from a Word Doc (I presume thats what you meant) and it will scan & insert a pic but this is using the scanner supplied software NOT the Microsoft Office Document Scanning - Imaging facility. It is this that I want to use as it is great for e-mailing docs.

Bren.ie 11:39 19 Oct 05

When installing office 2000 you need to go into the customised install (where you can select what features to install for each programme). Scanning -Imaging is not installed by default.

If you run install again you can add features that were not installed initally. (You will not need to do a full reinstall - office will only add the features you select)

billyliv 12:50 19 Oct 05

Hi milkybarkid, I think the feature you want is part of your 'Operating System'. In XP it is in 'Programs' 'accessories'. I have an HP scanner but when I go through the XP route the HP scanner software doesn't kick in. Cheers, Bill

milkybarkid 13:20 19 Oct 05

No luck so far people. I do have it on my home PC as part of Office XP but I am sure that I have used it before in Office 2000.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…