Microsoft Office Compatibility

GuZ><0r 14:04 16 Oct 05

On my home computer I have Office 2003, and at scholl they use Office XP. When I try and open the XP powerpoints on my home computer, it won't. Is there a download that will let me do this (and with the Word, Access etc.).

Thanks in advance

VoG II 14:13 16 Oct 05

The file formats are the same (Access might be different) so they should open OK. I have Office 2003 here and 2000 at work and I can open documents created on either PC with no problem.

Klof Ron 14:15 16 Oct 05

Will these help click here

skeletal 17:32 16 Oct 05

But if anything, your problem is the wrong way round i.e. it is not unusual for an old version of software not to open a new version, but a new version will always (nearly!) open an old.

I also use Office 2000 and 2003 (I have both on my main computer) and can swap between the two easily (in Access 2003 I have to save in 2000 format).

I thus think that there may be more to this than meets the eye, but what I don’t know.

Skeletal

Simsy 21:03 16 Oct 05

we're missing the obvious here...

Does the version of Office 2003 that you have at home include PowerPoint? I believe that it's snot included with all versions.

Are you looking for a PowerPoint reader? If so

click here

With apologies if I've missed point and the problem isn't this!

Regards,

Simsy

ventanas 21:22 16 Oct 05

Similar here, 2002(XP) at home and 2003 at work. No problem mixing the files. I think Simsy may have hit on something though, although Microsoft were a bit more generous with 2003 and included Powerpoint in the Small Business edition. If you have the Basic edition then there is no Powerpoint.

GuZ><0r 00:00 17 Oct 05

I have the full works office 2003. My computer regonises that the file is a powerpoint and when I click to open it, it says it can't open it.

skeletal 15:19 17 Oct 05

If you don't mind us seeing your file, you could zip it and email it to me. I could try to open it using my Office 2003 and see what happens.

Skeletal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…