microsoft office

janeyG 19:17 10 May 10

Hi there,

hope someone can help me.I bought my colleague's year-old pc as she got a laptop.I am used to having microsoft office and am going to need word and powerpoint in particular.When I go into programs it looks like microsoft office is there but it asks for a product key every time I go in and says I can use the application a limited number of times without the product key.Even when I have tried to save a document it wont open up again as an error-type message comes up saying th application be in use etc.I'm not sure whether the microsoft office installed is just a demonstration as my colleague never needed office herself and like me, hasn't a clue.could somepne please shed some light, I know i'm not explaining it very well.Thanks.

ame 19:36 10 May 10

You can get a trial of MS Ofiice 2007 from click here Suggest you remove your current Office setup and download a new trial.

csqwared 19:39 10 May 10

It sounds to me as though you do have a demo programme, which would be upgraded to the full working version when you supply the product key. I assume no discs were supplied with the computer so you won't be able to do that. The Office 2007 package retails at approx. £300 depending on where you buy. You do have a couple of other options. If you are a student, full or part time, look here click here. If not consider looking at Open Office which is free (click here) which will do what you require although differently, so there's a bit of a learning curve. Good luck.

ame 19:39 10 May 10

Or you can download the permanently free and MS Office-compatible Openoffice from click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:44 10 May 10

Get Open Office its free and will open MS office docs spreadsheets and presentations as well as allow you to create your own.

click here

janeyG 20:42 10 May 10

Hi there,

thanks for your replies.However, if I use openoffice and try and open a file created there on another pc that has microsoft office, wont there be a problem?

Jameslayer 20:44 10 May 10

Openoffice is deaigned to open office documents.

csqwared 19:18 11 May 10

OpenOffice has the ability to save documents/spreadsheets/presentations in a variety of formats one of which, for documents, has the .doc extension which means the file will be compatible , and usable, with Word 6.0/95/97/2000. Similarly with presentations, a variety of formats are available including .ppt which again is compatible with MSOffice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…