Microsoft Office 2007 software in Region 2

122375 14:20 02 Dec 08

I'm considering purchasing Microsoft Office 2007 in the US when I travel there over the holidays, but am concerned that I won't be able to install the CD/DVD etc. on my laptop. Which I bought in Austria (where I reside). I would buy MS Office from Amazon.co.uk, but it's so much cheaper in the US. Basically I want to know if the installation CD is coded for Region 1. I have a Toshiba which currently has the software installed on it that came with the laptop (basic word files etc. and although I speak German, I miss my mothertongue :) Hope some one can help cos I am a total beginner when it comes to PC stuff and would appreciate the advice.

Technotiger 14:30 02 Dec 08

I may be wrong, but I don't think Program Software is Region coded - I believe the Region codes only apply to Commercial Entertainment DVDs.

122375 15:16 02 Dec 08

Thanks Technotiger!

Technotiger 15:19 02 Dec 08

You're welcome - I am pretty sure that my comment is correct, as I can find no other option after doing a very extensive Google search.

122375 15:42 02 Dec 08

Phew! Cheers :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…