microsoft office 2007 professional word keeps wanting to reconfigure on opening

Kingfisher 15:42 PM 28 May 13

Hi evereyone, can you help me please when I try to open word 2007 I get the message " setup is preparing files" then goes into configuration process, when configured Word is fine. but opening it again it has to go through same process. I have tried to repair with my Office Disk, but makes no difference. All other Office applications work fine. It has been suggested that I should uninstall Office and reinstall, but am worried about losing all my outlook settings contacts emails etc, also My Documents and a very large Microsoft Access database file. Can anyone offer me any suggestions. have looked on a few forums and it seems to be a common problem.O/S windows XP many thanks

Chronos the 2nd 16:28 PM 28 May 13

You can back up your Outlook contacts very easily. Here are the instructions. Uninstalling Office 2007 will not mean you will lose your documents just the ability to open then untill you either reinstall Office 2007 or another office program.

But you will have a backup of all your documents anyway,won't you?

Kingfisher 17:35 PM 28 May 13

Thanks Chronos the 2nd, have backed up Documents, so when brave enough will ininstall and reinstall office 2007 professional. thanks for your help

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…