Microsoft Office 2007

brambles 18:58 PM 03 Nov 11

I purchased this Microsoft software when it came out. I have the Office Home & Student version and I am fairly certain it had a 3 or 5 user licence. I want to put this on another family computer, is there a way I can check the availability of installing it on another computer.

Brambles

Woolwell 21:50 PM 03 Nov 11

The original case with product key gives the conditions on the back. My Home and Student 2007 version states licensed for 3 PC's.

lotvic 22:25 PM 03 Nov 11

And it will tell you in the EULA. open Word, click on Help, About Microsoft Word, and there should be a link to view EULA. (that's the path in office 2003, should be same in 2007)

Woolwell 23:04 PM 03 Nov 11

Not quite the same in 2007. Click on the MS Button then Word Options then under Resources and about MS Office Word - click on about then in the window click on view the MS terms.

brambles 18:40 PM 05 Nov 11

Wolwell & lotvic it was very kind of you to respond to my query. I did get into the long terms in Microsoft Word but it was general information and nothing about the number of licences. I will have to contact Microsoft. Thanks again. brambles

Woolwell 19:10 PM 05 Nov 11

The info is there but you have to dig. Did you look at the box? MS will probably point you towards this Licence terms download

Woolwell 19:19 PM 05 Nov 11

My EULA states "Licensed Device. You may install one copy of the software on three licensed devices in your household for use by people who reside there. The software is not licensed for use in any commercial, non-profit, or revenue-generating business activities." I would be surprised if yours is different.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…