Microsoft Office 2003 - What is Academic version?

Done and dusted 19:44 19 Oct 05

What exactly is the difference between Mirosoft Office 2003 Professional and the Academic version and where can I bag a bargain on either?

DieSse 19:49 19 Oct 05

If you are in a qualifying academic situation (eg Student/Teacher/etc) - then you can get the Academic version, which is at a discount on the normal price.

sharkfin 19:55 19 Oct 05

Also, academic version doesnt come with Publisher.

Done and dusted 19:55 19 Oct 05

OK but do you get exactly the same product?

Done and dusted 19:57 19 Oct 05

Thanks Sharkfin you answered my question even before I asked it! Apart from that is it the same?

mco 20:02 19 Oct 05

just read your answer on the other forum... I'm in same situation in that I (teacher) with 2 teenage kids didn't want to fork out for expensive latest MS office - I just went on ebay and got an earlier version - I got Office 97 very cheap and although obviously it's not the most up to date it's still compatible with school - has word and publisher and excel - and saved me money.

mco 20:03 19 Oct 05

..but although I do know now, and would qualify, I haven't felt the need.

Done and dusted 20:06 19 Oct 05

OK mco. Would like to buy 2003 version if poss. Cruising between PC Advisor site and Ebay at moment. Microsoft Office 2003 Pro Ed seems to be being offered at ridiculously low prices on Ebay - are these genuine offers and do they work?

Wuggy 20:17 19 Oct 05

Academic version is exactly the same as normal version only at a discount price. I seem to remember reading in several forums that there is absolutely no check carried out by Microsoft as to who is the student etc. or what is being studied. In other words it would appear that anyone can buy the academic version.

mco 20:18 19 Oct 05

hmm yes, know what you mean - I just went for a look too. They're supplying them in a cd with keycode not in the (pictured) box but I'm not ebay experienced enough to know genuine from not - anyone else around?

VoG II 20:20 19 Oct 05

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…