Microsoft Office 2000 Product Key

Office is already installed on my computer & I am @ the moment sorting out all my discs throwing away old programs etc).
I have the original disc, but cannot find the product key...is there a way of finding the key somewhere in my files?...ie, in the registry?..

Or if neccessary, in the future if I need to reinstall Office will I have to buy a new disc?

ged11 17:57 16 Apr 03

Open an application from MS office e.g MS word
then go to "Help" on the top menubar and "About Microsoft Word" this will list the product key it is licensed to

recap 19:20 16 Apr 03

Sorry ged11, but I don't mean to infer that you are wrong with this but, I think hipster_uk is on about the registration key a five set of five sequenced numbers & characters. For example gh88e jej47 kkew3 ieo49 937yc.

hipster_uk, the product key should be on one of the jewel cases that came with Office. If you cannot find it then maybe asking Microsoft for your registered product key number may be warranted.

That is unless there is a registry guru here that can guide you to it?

powerless 19:24 16 Apr 03

click here and save the file. Then find the file and double click it.

Then click "Microsoft Office" and the product key will be displayed.

-pops- 19:25 16 Apr 03

Aida32 will give some product keys but not all. Note you must distinguish between product key (as given possibly by Aida) and license number (as given by Belarc Adviser).

Brian

roy 19:35 16 Apr 03

Try 'Keyfinder' on the following site.
click here

Roy

rsturbo 19:43 16 Apr 03

:)

rev.bem 19:52 16 Apr 03

Keyfinder doesn't support office 2000

click here

spikeychris 20:00 16 Apr 03

You can't grab the key from the registry.

If it's a retail version and you registered it at the time of first install,
you can call Microsoft for a replacement key. If it's an OEM edition, it's
up to the place where you got it from to help.

Chris

Thanks everyone, but keyfinder will only give me mt OS product key

-pops- 08:31 17 Apr 03

As I said above, Aida will give you the required information - I have just checked with my own setup. click here

It's a free download.

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…