Microsoft Office 2000 and PhotoDraw Conflict?

Cook2 21:55 17 Jun 04

I recently found I had been using an illegal copy of XP PRO so purchased XP Home. I decided to do a format and clean install.

I now find that PhotoDraw no longer opens after the PhotoDraw 'splash screen'.

The only thing I did differently, as far as I am aware, was to install PhotoDraw AFTER Office 2000.

I uninstalled both both programmes and re-installed PhotoDraw first but still the problem persists.

Could anyone point me in the right direction please?

Cook2 23:19 17 Jun 04

<bump>

VoG II 23:27 17 Jun 04

This is Microsoft Photodraw?

Are you sure that your Office disks are kosher as splash screen followed by nothing is a classic symptom.

Cook2 23:47 17 Jun 04

I've had the disks for a few years now. I believe when I was using 98SE but definately when using ME.

I actually bought the disks from an old friend who changed over to a Mac, because that's system used where he worked.

I can't understand how it was all working OK with my illegal XP Pro. I used the same disks. Everything else works fine. The only difference is I am now using a legal copy of XP Home.

I did a check with Spybot S&D and it shows a DSO Exploit. I deleted it but on re-booting it is there again. I'm now wondering if that has something to do with my problem

I just can't work out what's happening. It's really frustrating.

Cook2 23:51 17 Jun 04

I forgot to say that I registered office at the time I aquired them and have updated as and when necessary without any problems.

Cook2 22:00 18 Jun 04

I reformatted my hard drive, installed PhotoDraw before installing Office 2000 and now PhotoDraw is working again. Strange that.

Resolved.

woodchip 22:08 18 Jun 04

All software is like that even when it come from the same stable. You learn what order to load the software, after you have done several hundred format's then you decide to get Drive Image to make a backup of the good configuration

Cook2 23:46 18 Jun 04

Thanks for that woodchip, I'll get Drive Image right now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…