microsoft networking password

stingray 20:00 03 Feb 03

I have recently networked my w98se with my new xp but now receive enter network password at each startup, I can cancel and carry on but it's irritating can anyone help get rid of it I have never entered a password .

jazzypop 20:16 03 Feb 03

click here

As you have not entered a password, there should be no need to delete *.pwl files

snooker 20:24 03 Feb 03

I only get the password request when I log on via My Network Places. So I normally log on with Internet Explorer with no problem.

However I am having trouble finding a firewall which will let me log on from my xp machine through the wireless networked 98 ISP. I think this might be because Xp has a firewall built in. How do you manage?

scan513 20:47 03 Feb 03

Try going into control panel and double clicking the Network entry. There should be a dropdown list called Primary Log On - change this to Windows Log On.

Good evening stingray, another option for you is to install Tweak UI, available with the power toys download click here

This gives you an option to have Tweak UI automatically log you into the network at startup. Just a quick word of caution, the link above is for the power toys download, but these were written for win95 and some of them have undesirable effects in 98. Tweak UI is perfectly ok though, so I suggest if you wish to try this route, just install that.

Hope this info helps. Regards, Mr. Mouse.

stingray 20:16 05 Feb 03

Hi people thanks for the advice but still got the problem,don't know if it's relevent but if I click ok to the password screen it searches for a while and then comes back with "No domain sever was available to validate your password.You may not be able access some network resources".Going to try tweakui will keep you posted, thanks again.
stingray

stingray 21:55 05 Feb 03

still no go any ideas please?

jazzypop 20:09 06 Feb 03

Try this - click here

stingray 17:57 08 Feb 03

thanksalot job done many thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…