Microsoft . Net Framework will not install

micemews 16:30 12 Sep 12

I have widows xp sp3 and I have downloaded (a) Microsoft Net Framework 2.0 sp2 and (b) Net Framework Client Profile.

(a) was required before I could download a Free 'Password Manager XP' (b) was required before I could download Free Password Manager 'My Padlock'.

Both (a) and (b) failed to install.

(a)showed only a progress bar which, after about 10 minutes reached the end of the scale but but had not fully installed after over 2 hours so I assumed it had failed. I have tried this twice and got the same result.

(b)managed 44% an the progress bar after about 3 minutes and then stuck at that.

Is anyone able to offer any advice as t why these have both failed and if it is possible to fix the problem.

Thanks

northumbria61 16:35 12 Sep 12
  difarn 16:46 12 Sep 12

I know from other postings that there have been problems with .Net Framework 2. As the free download for Password Manager XP states 2 and above I would be inclined to delete all reference to .Net Framework 2 and instead install .Net Framework 4 - here is the link.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Honor 5X review: Hands-on with the new budget phone from Hauwei's young brand

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

You can now publish data visualisations to the web from Power BI

Complete guide to Apple's campus 2, everything we know about the new spaceship HQ, plus: new drone…