Microsoft . Net Framework will not install

micemews 16:30 PM 12 Sep 12

I have widows xp sp3 and I have downloaded (a) Microsoft Net Framework 2.0 sp2 and (b) Net Framework Client Profile.

(a) was required before I could download a Free 'Password Manager XP' (b) was required before I could download Free Password Manager 'My Padlock'.

Both (a) and (b) failed to install.

(a)showed only a progress bar which, after about 10 minutes reached the end of the scale but but had not fully installed after over 2 hours so I assumed it had failed. I have tried this twice and got the same result.

(b)managed 44% an the progress bar after about 3 minutes and then stuck at that.

Is anyone able to offer any advice as t why these have both failed and if it is possible to fix the problem.

northumbria61 16:35 PM 12 Sep 12
  difarn 16:46 PM 12 Sep 12

I know from other postings that there have been problems with .Net Framework 2. As the free download for Password Manager XP states 2 and above I would be inclined to delete all reference to .Net Framework 2 and instead install .Net Framework 4 - here is the link.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Book review: Hands-on with Microsoft's impressive first laptop (better yet, it's a tablet t)…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Walking Dead VFX: a look back from Seasons 1-6

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November