Microsoft .NET Framework & Drive Image 7

CurlyWhirly 20:50 18 Jul 04

I have Drive Image 7 installed on my PC and this requires the Microsoft .NET Framework in order to function properly.
What I was wondering was with Microsoft due to release Service Pack 2 soon should I stay with my current version of the .NET framework which is v1.0.3705 or download the newer version (v1.1) from the Microsoft update website?
Also if i should upgrade to the newer version should I do this now or wait until SP2 is released, downloaded and installed?
What I am trying to get at is in the event of my PC going belly up would installing SP2 affect the Drive Image 7 program as I have read articles that say that Microsoft are putting so much effort into the security side of things that this may be at the expense of compatibilty with existing programs and applications?

Djohn 21:02 18 Jul 04

I asked the same question myself in "Speakers Corner" FE replied that Microsoft are working on this possible conflict and he will keep us up to date.

CurlyWhirly 21:10 18 Jul 04

Oh right so the Forum Editor will keep us up to date with events at Microsoft?
If so I will be keeping an eye on this forum!
I am off now to read the topic that you say you posted though I don't know which forum it is on?
I will do a search.

CurlyWhirly 21:11 18 Jul 04

Silly me I didn't read your e-mail properly!
I am off to the SPEAKERS CORNER

Djohn 21:23 19 Jul 04

My fault, I should have included a link. The thread was running in all three rooms and it is the helproom where I asked the question, not Speakers Corner! click here

CurlyWhirly 21:29 19 Jul 04

I am glad that you gave me the link as I was searching high and low in the 'Speakers Corner' and I could not find it anywhere!
I have read it now though.
Also I didn't want to ask where it was in fear of looking silly! lol
Cheers CW

CurlyWhirly 23:49 20 Jul 04

I have just had this e-mail back from Symantec Online Technical Support:

"Thank you for contacting Symantec Online Technical Support.

We recommend that you download and install the latest .Net Framework from Microsoft for the best compatibility with Drive Image 7.0

The version that is on our CD has been outdated since the release of .Net 1.1 and every time we have the chance, we recommend upgrading.

As far as I have been told, there are no known conflicts between .Net and the upcoming Service Pack 2, but Microsoft should be able to let you know more details on that, because they are their tools.

If you do update the .Net, please remember to uninstall Drive Image 7 before that, and then install Drive Image 7 again when finished.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions."

I hope you find this useful!

powerless 23:58 20 Jul 04

dot net framework 2 is in beta at the mo so you never know. It might appear the sametime xpsp2 does...

Umm...But i've DI'd with RC2 SP2 with no trouble.

Djohn 00:01 21 Jul 04

Thanks for letting me know what the present situation is. You too powerless.

CurlyWhirly 20:33 22 Jul 04

Since upgrading to .NET Framework v1.1 I have gone back to how my PC used to be!
What I mean is when I booted up I used to have a WELCOME screen which filled the screen and after a few seconds I would automatically be taken to the Windows desktop.

Now when I boot up I have a WELCOME screen along with the message 'To begin, click your user name' and a 'Turn off computer' option in the bottom left hand corner.
I have to click on my user name icon which I don't want to have to do!

I used to have this when I first had my PC but since then I have forgotten how to get rid of it.
Is there some menu or option that I need to change in USER ACCOUNTS?
If Djohn can't help me can somebody else please advise?

CurlyWhirly 18:02 23 Jul 04

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…