Microsoft natural ergonomic keyboard 4000

exdragon 20:00 30 Nov 09

Hi, instead of buying a new keyboard, I've cleaned this one up and started programming the keys properly. Does anyone use this board? It has 3 'banks' of keys which can be programmed as favourites and I've got one set which I want to use for my photography programmes, while another set opens my standard programmes.

Despite having downloaded the latest drivers, I don't seem to have half the options in the list of keys which can be programmed, despite the 4000 being shown as my board.

Does anyone know how I can switch between the different banks so I can use the relevant set of favourite keys? The help files say to make sure the relevant kb is selected, as that determines what the available keys are shown, but I can't find anything helpful either on the MS site or in Google.

Technotiger 21:39 30 Nov 09

You could download the Software here ...

click here

exdragon 22:17 30 Nov 09

I've done that (should have included that when I mentioned the drivers) but still can't find any kb which includes these extra keys. I'm using XP, but as far as I can see from the picture on that page, it looks like mine. I suppose it could be a later version, of course.

exdragon 22:25 30 Nov 09

Just realised I've downloaded the software for Windows 7, but it still doesn't explain where the buttons are!

exdragon 07:21 01 Dec 09

Problem solved, sort of - I've found something which says, 'If your keyboard doesn't have a bank Switch, then do....'

So I can't do what I want. Never mind.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…