Microsoft narretor

Daiol 19:38 31 Jul 08

Hi. I dont think iv'e spelt narretor correct,but you all will know what i mean.I'm running windows xp pro and the voice thats installed now is microsoft sam is it possible to have another choice of different voices or am i stuck with good old sam??.Thanks,daiol.

chub_tor 19:43 31 Jul 08

From Vista Help

Change the Narrator voice

You can change the speed, volume, and pitch of the voice Narrator uses.

Click to open Narrator.

Click Voice Settings, and then make any of the following adjustments:

To select a different voice, click the voice you want to use in the Select Voice box.

For a faster voice, select a number in the Set Speed list. The higher the number, the faster the voice.

For a louder voice, select a number in the Set Volume list. The higher the number, the louder the voice.

For a higher-pitched voice, select a number in the Set Pitch list. The higher the number, the higher the pitch. A higher-pitched voice can make the voice easier for some people to hear.

Daiol 19:48 31 Jul 08

Ye thanks for info i dont have vista i have 'windows xp pro' and i have the voice box as you say but no choice of a different one only change speed etc.

Ditch999 20:08 31 Jul 08

Its possible but tricky click here

Daiol 22:07 31 Jul 08

Ditch999 & chub_tor.Reading the info supplied by you both i have come to the conclusion i will stick to microsoft sam he seems a nice guy anyway,Thanks very much both of you once again thanks to the one and only forums. Thanks,daiol.

chub_tor 12:50 01 Aug 08

As someone who's real name is Sam I'm so glad that you stuck with me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos